Image Map

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my first post! I can't believe that I'm finally going live with my blog. After being a FoodGawker junkie for the last few years, I have finally decided to do it, and join the world of food blogging. And of course, what else would I write about other than Italian food? 

I was born in Canada to Italian parents and I have been living in Germany since January 2007. I met my husband in the corporate world, we dated for a while, and then we finally decided to tie the knot. My husband is German, so a week after the wedding I followed him across the ocean and never looked back. We are now the happy parents of three little rascals ages 5, 4 and 2 years old.

I have been living the German life for the last 7 years but my Italian heritage is still running through my veins. I started this blog as a way to chronical the recipes that I grew up on, along with other favourites that have made it into our kitchens over the years. When my mom and my grandmothers used to cook, everything was always done by memory. Recipes were never written down.

My mom also taught me how to cook without recipes. Ingredients were measured by eye and everything was mixed until the consistancy felt right. Mom showed me what to look for when I cook pasta and how yeast dough should feel after it was kneaded and left to rise. I never realized it until early adulthood, but my mom also passed on her desire and passion to prepare food. When I'm not taking care of the kids, cleaning the house, or doing laundry, you will find me experimenting in the kitchen.

I love figuring out why something works a certain way or why a recipe failed. I'm always thirsting for knowledge when it comes to food, recipes, and cooking techniques. I consider myself a good cook but there is still so much to learn along the way.

Here you'll find anything related to Italian food from traditional family recipes to modern - and authentic - Italian recipes. Most recipes are kid friendly but there will be the occassional adults-only recipes.

Feel free to browse around. You can read a little more about me, or check out my ever-growing collection of Italian Cookbooks, or you can read the blogs that inspire me. If you're looking for a particular recipe than check out my Recipes page, and I highly recommend that you read my guide to measuring my recipes .

Welcome to my blog and thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment ... they are always appreciated!

In cucina con amore,
Rosa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading this post! Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below. I love reading your comments. (Please note that all comments are published on approval and spam will be automatically deleted.)

Rosa G.
Hamburg, Germany
Hi! My name is Rosa and welcome to my blog! I'm a fun loving, most-of-the-time stressed mother of three small boys, and a former cubicle dweller turned pastry chef. I am an amateur blogger and food photographer and lover of good Italian food. My food is simple, fresh, and seasonal (with an occasional frozen pizza).